March 3, 2009

Psalm 130..

During our Russian prayer meeting (at our "girls only" valentines party) Angela shared a verse and I underlined it in my Bible. I thought of it again yesterday and decided to look it up and read the whole chapter. I loved it!!! So, I thought I'd share it with you all too!



1Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
2Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

3If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
4But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
5I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

6My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
7Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
8And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.



Those couple verses in yellow were so amazing! I liked verse 3 (thats the one Angela shared)... We think we are so great, but in reality if God were to look at us for our works than we would not even stand a chance for Heaven, but thankfully, when God looks at us He sees Christ (not us) if we are saved! And then it says that God forgives so that He will be feared. It's amazing to think that God is showing himself strong when He forgives us. And then verse 5 is another great verse. Even when we see no evidence that God is at work, we can be sure that his plan is working out for our better! We need to stay in the Word, and keep our eyes fixed on him!

I pray that you all are keeping on keeping on!

In Christ,

Rachel

No comments: