March 1, 2009

The Source of Help

This is going to be short and sweet because I don't have much time, (That seems to be a regular thing in my life these days ;) but I just wanted to share a verse I discovered in my devotions that has been a huge encouragement to me.

Jeremiah 1:19- "And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee."

God doesn't promise that there won't be battles. There will. Many, in fact. But He DOES promise that we will have the ultimate victory because He will always be there to deliver us in our time of need.

About putting on the whole armor of God...You know, we are given a shield to defend ourselves, but we are also given a sword to fight!

"Lord, help us to do everything today as if it depends on us....but KNOWING that it all depends on YOU"

Keep struggling and be strengthened.
Chrystal

1 comment:

mike said...

Good thought. As I was reading this it reminded me of these verses I've had to go back to many times when it feels as if Satan is winning.

Rev. 12:10-11 (Right after Satan is defeated and cast out of heaven . . .)"And I heard a loud voice saying from Heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives even unto death.

As you pointed out, Satan has already lost, but he doesn't want us to know that. I can't tell you how many times God has used Tom Harmon's message to remind me that the only way to win against Satan is to use God's weapon: the sword of the Spirit. Verses like these that remind us (and Satan) who has already won are a powerful encouragement whenever I'm feeling discouraged. It's nice to be reminded of that and to know that even Jeremiah needed to be encouraged that He could not lose if God was on his side.