November 30, 2007

Two-Faced Chameleons

PART 2:

This next section of Psalms 50 was written to people that live double lives. To the ones that are eager to have their name associated with God, but live as though He doesn't exist.

Hypocrites, 

"Why do you act as though we have this great relationship? You talk about me, and tell of how much I mean to you. You HATE instruction, and you could care less about what my Word says. When you see an evil-doer, you run with them. You love evil. You do all of these sinful things; you justify them, and act as though I am ok with them. 
But, I WILL reprove thee, and set evil doers straight. Think about this and change, before I tear you to pieces, and there will be nothing left to save!" (I love God's bluntness here!) 

Then the chapter concludes with a statement for both groups,

"Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him thatordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God."

Our sole purpose it to glorify God. 


No comments: