November 29, 2007

Thanks for giving me my stuff!

I have really been enjoying my study in Psalms. esp. the last couple of days. I started ch 50 today and I want to share what I have learned from it so far. 

The Psalmist starts out the chapter talking about the wrath of God and how it will be displayed at the tribulation (I think that is what it is talking about) and how God will gather up His saints. He will come with vengence and fire. Then the rest of the chapter is divided into two sections were God gives a message to the saints and the wicked. I only finished the part about the saints so I will post the rest about the sinners later.

Saints,

"First of all, I am your (personal) God! I am not reprimanding you for your sacrifices, but in reality... they aren't your sacrifices. I own the cattle on a thousand hills, I know all the birds and the beasts, and they are mine. So, I don't neeed you or your sacrifices. If I was hungery, I would not go to you for help. I reminded you in verse one that I am the creator, I make the sun rise and set. I made it all out of nothing. Yet, you like to think you are great for handing out a tract. (btw, keep handing out tracts!) Just remember every good gift and every perfect cometh down from the Father of lights. (then he ends with) Offer me your thanksgiving and pay your vows to me. (I love you even though you are worthless) call upon me in the day of trouble: I WILL deliver thee, and as a result, your natural response will be to glorify me."

We serve an awsome God! He is like none other! 

Keep praising God!


John

No comments: