October 9, 2008

Would He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I?

Hi everyone,
I know it is unusual for me to actually be posting something, but I am not allowed to visit any blogs while on campus. Thankfully I have Chrystal, who has agreed to be my secretary and through e-mail I am sending her what I want posted. I am going to keep this short, because I have a test to review for, but I have wanted to share this with you guys for a while now. In OT Messages my teacher was explaining our relationship with God, and he explained it in a way I had never heard before. I know we have all heard that we are like worms to God, but think of it this way. You are taking a walk and you find a worm, you decide to take this worm home with you and make it your pet. You give this worm a name and you feed it. (Dirt!) You love it even though it ignores you and doesn't really do anything for you. In fact this worm is useless, but you love it anyways. One day you are coming home and see your worm trying to cross the street, even though you told him not to. You love your worm so much you dive in front of the car that is about ready to crush it and you are killed. You just died for a helpless little worm that did absolutely nothing for you. Us loving that worm is just like God loving us. That was so convicting in my life, because I had heard people compare us to worms before, but that illustration just opened my eyes to who I really am to God. I am so prideful and arrogant, because even now I think, "I am not totally like that worm, I am different in some way." Yet, we are all like that worm to God, and yet He loves us still. I am amazed at the faithfulness of God. That illustration also makes me want to do everything for the Lord only. He gave His precious life for me, a rotten wretched sinner, a worm! What a wonderful God we serve! I hope I made sense, it is one thing to hear an illustration, but it is another to try to relate it back to someone. I
miss you guys and am praying for you!

Katie Hefflefinger

1 comment:

Rachel Dierking said...

Katie!!!
I know you probably won't see this until you have a chance to check it at the Fredricks or something, but what you said was really good!It is amazing how God can love us so much... and sometimes i don't even know why! But, I am so thankful that it is an unchanging love, and that it never faileth!!!
Love you!