October 8, 2008

GOD allows U-TURN

hey guys its me Jake! Well this week has been extremely unextraordinary! Work, Home Sleep and then do it over again. I was thinking about this week when i realized that i hadn't been thinking about God this week as much as i know i should have and i tried to find out why that was. When i read my bible i was struck by the way israel was so easily turned away from God in the times of unextraordinary days. Its easy to see him and focus on him when you are in extreme times...bad or good. In the bad times we look to him to save us. In the good times we go through a time of....almost like a thankful period of a time where we dive into His word in a false way of trying to earn what He provided for us. But in the times such as this week i found my self living my life blind, only trying to make it into the next day. Not looking to God for anything. And here i found the culprit PRIDE! I had myself convinced that i could handle the little day to day stuff and go back to God when I got stumped. Its amazing to me the things God uses to get our attention, injury, storms, friends, family, and the list goes on. I wasn't even going to get on here but thru looking at the lesson from wednesday I now know that the root of this weeks side trip away from God is pride. So with some help from God and you guys I will seek to resist this temptation. And just to think without the push of one undisclosed person all this would have remained bottled up inside. Well it is now 11:39 PM and i have to go to work at 6:30 AM. but I was told by "coach" that i needed to post now so there it is! A quick spellcheck and off too bed and a new day to look to Him for strength and wisdom. Well that all i got for now. Be sure to let me know if i was totally off the mark or anything i will do my best to not try to put myself above reproach.

<>< your nerdy brother JAM V aka Jacob

p.s. : arent you glad God allows U-turns

1 comment:

Sigma said...

Good Post...I know exactly what youre talking about. I rely on my own strength (or shall I say weakness?) WAY too often! Don't you just hate how we so often treat God like a light switch that we can turn off and on whenever we feel like it? How can we do that to Him?!

Chrystal