September 30, 2008

Oh, the Bitter Pain and Sorrow....

Oh, The Bitter Pain And Sorrow
Verse 1
Oh, the bitter pain and sorrow that a time could ever be,
When I proudly said to Jesus, all of self and none of Thee;
All of self and none of Thee, all of self and none of Thee,
When I proudly said to Jesus, all of self and none of Thee.
Verse 2
Yet He found me I beheld Him bleeding on the accursed tree,
And my selfish heart said faintly some of self and some of Thee;
Some of self and some of Thee, some of self and some of Thee,
And my selfish heart said faintly some of self and some of Thee
Verse 3
Day by day His tender mercies healing helping full and free,
Brought me lower while I whispered less of self and more of Thee;
Less of self and more of Thee, less of self and more of Thee,
Brought me lower while I whispered less of self and more of Thee
Verse 4
Higher than the highest heavens, deeper than the deepest sea,
Lord thy love at last had conquered none of self and all of Thee;
None of self and all of Thee, none of self and all of Thee,
Lord thy love at last had conquered none of self and all of Thee.

1 comment:

Rachel Dierking said...

This song is the one that Dr. Moritz read at the end of his message last night! I thought it was sooooo good! It is very convicting! And it also goes really well with my last post on here.. ( if you havn't read it yet... read it and you will see how they go together!)