May 27, 2008

The love and payment of God

While I was cutting grass the other day, I thought of the time that Josh broke his arm in a tree! Since then my Dad doesn't like us climbing trees :/ When I was younger I remember thinking, Why does my Dad care? Its not his arm. Now I know he cares for at least two reasons.


  1. He loves us and doesn't want us to get hurt
  2. He has to pay for the hospital bill.
Its the same way with our spiritual lives. Why does God care when we sin?


  1. He loves us, and doesn't want it to hurt us, as it will if we keep doing it.
  2. He had to pay the hospital bill with blood so we can go to heaven. (since we cant have a imperfect body in heaven.)

Jordan D

2 comments:

Rachel Dierking said...

wow! thats some deep thinking there bro! I never would have compared josh's broken arm to our sin... That is really true tho! I guess we need to talk more! maybe you can show me how to think deeply! lol ;)
Luv ya!

Jordan Dierking said...

well im just talented this type of stuff.
actually probablly more tallented with pride:/
verse of the month:
oh how i love thy law it is my meditation all the day. Its good to try and live that out. (Its better than selfcentered thoughts)