May 19, 2008

Living Simply—Yet Focused

I was reading from Matthew 6 this morning and The end of chapter is talking about taking no thought of your raiment, your food, etc. Because God, who cares about even the little things, would He not care for us? If we will place all of our trust in Him and simply Him, He will supply our needs, and His glory will shine through us.
For Christ to shine through us, we must look to Him, and without even realizing it, He will shine through us, without any conscious "help" from us.
There is only one way to develop and grow spiritually, and that is through focusing and concentrating on God.
John 7:38 -Jesus was saying, “Do not worry about being of use to others; simply believe on Me.” In other words, pay attention to the Source, and out of you “will flow rivers of living water”
We will not find the source of this light through common sense or reasoning, but through focusing directly on the light itself. - Christ! This is how we will grow.

If you want to be of use to God, you have to maintain the proper relationship with Him by staying focused on Him, and He will make use of you every min. of your life—yet you will be unaware, on the conscious level of your life, that you are being used of Him.
Praying that Christ will be evident through all of our lives!
Rachel

1 comment:

Sigma said...

"Sometimes, I live my life just as you planned. Other times, I struggle to obey Your command. Choices I make each day, determine if I'll obey, and follow You, trusting you, guide me I pray!

Lord, keep my focus on you each day, though I am tempted to go my own way! Help me to trust in you, to live my life to honor You, Lord keep my focus on You!

Trials surround me Lord! I cry in despair, though I know You're with me and you hear every prayer. Open my eyes to see that You know whats best for me. Youre ever near, calm my fear, this is my plea!

Lord keep my focus on you each day, though I am tempted to go my own way! Help me to trust in you to live my life to honor you, Lord keep my focus on You.

Humbly I follow You, sharing Your Word. Praising You Lord Jesus for your love unreserved. Guide me to do your will, to reach those in darkness still, a shining light, burning bright, Your plan fufill!

Lord keep my focus on you each day, though I am tempted to go my own way! Help me to trust in you to live my life to honor you, Lord keep my focus on You."