April 10, 2008

Finding God's Will

I don't know about you guys, but finding God's will for my life has always been kinda an intimating thought. I mean what if I thought I knew what God's will for me was... and I find out later I was wrong? I guess what i am trying to say is, how do I find God's will for my life and be confident that I know exactly what it is?

When my mom got home from BJ last week, she told me something she had heard Dr Bob III say and it has been really encouraging to me. It's kinda a story so bare with me...
Dr Bob was apparently sitting with a woman that was about 90 yrs old, and she was commenting on how she didn't know why the Lord still wanted her alive. She had done everything she thought she could do for Him, and did not understand what His will for her possibly could be. Dr Bob's response was what caught my mom's attention, he said "Why Ms - As long as you are willing to hear God's will, He WANTS you to know what it is. He doesn't want it to be a mystery, he WANTS you to obey him!"

The last comment there about God WANTING me to know God's will was SO encouraging to me! Sometimes it does feel like God's will for me is some great mystery that no one can really understand, but in reality if we are asking Him to make His will made clear to us, He WILL! Its not something that I have to *find* God will SHOW his will to me if i am seeking it diligently!
I Peter 3:12 kinda points to this saying "The eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil."

I hope this encouraged you as much as it encouraged me!
Kristin Hanson

1 comment:

Sigma said...

Kristin,
thanks for sharing! Isn't it neat how God uses other people to share a quote/verse etc. with us at just the right moment and it can help/encourage us more than they will ever know?!

Psalms 25:4-5 "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go. I will guide you with mine eye"

Rachel and I prayed together this morning for you ... ;)
Chrystal