February 13, 2008

What I've been learning lately...

I know this is going to be a long post, so prepare yourselves right now! ;) I have been learning a lot in both the 1 Peter book, and 1 Samuel. I'll share first what I've learned in the peter book...

I loved when it said that if you are a suffering Christian remember "God the Father has chosen you, God the Spirit has set you apart from a God-hating world to Himself, and God the Son has paid the price of your redemption." God will give you peace through tough times! It doesn't matter if your friends accept you, God does, and that’s all that matters!
I also thought it was interesting when he was saying your salvation is the absalute only thing you cannot lose! everything else will fall away, but your salvation is the only thing that really belongs to you, you can lose everything you own, but your salvation will never leave you!
Also, it said that, it doesn't matter if you understand everything the Lord says, but grasp the truth as your own and embrace it. You don't always have to know every reason why you do what you do, just believe that God has it this way for a reason.
Then, on one of the days he gave a verse from Micah 4:5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. in otherwords, every one seeks to follow their god and to have a realtionship with their god. But, we know the real God so should we not be seeking his face, when we know we hold the truth?

"The Word reveals God's mind so we should learn it, God's heart so we should love it, and God's will so we should live it." ~Warren Wiersbe

Ok, now for 1 Samuel :)
I stopped last time when the people chose Saul as king. when he first became king it says the Lord was with him, but when David comes on the scene it says the Lord departed from him, and he was filled with an evil spirit.

Saul was told that the kingdom would no longer be his when he disobeyed God by keeping the spoils that God told him to utterly distroy. David is then annointed to be the next king.
David fights Goliath, which of course took some major courage! But, he trusted God to give Goliath to him. This is when Saul starts to hate david and decides he wants David dead. Another reason that Saul hated David was because in Chapter 16 it says quite a few times that Saul saw that David behaved himself wisely and that the Lord was with Him. I was thinking, can others see that in me? is my life showing that the Lord is with me? And do I behave myself wisely so that others see something different?

Anyways, there is a lot more I could say, but I don't want you to fall asleep, so I will stop there! ( You can always ask me what else I'm learning later;)
I'll be praying for you all!
Rachel


No comments: