February 12, 2008

A change in focus

One thing I still haven't figured out is why God shows me things through other people instead of showing me directly from his word. I guess just to keep me humble; ) Well anyway, I have been rather down lately and didn't feel like I was living a victorious life. Why? I wasn't really sure. I kept looking at all the things that I was determined to do, but wasn't. In between school subjects, I turned on the radio. There was a preacher on who was talking about how free the Christian life is. He used Matt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
God didn't want christianity to be a burdon, but a blessing. I sure hadn't been feeling like I was living under an easy burden. I realized that I was so focused on doing doing doing, instead of focussing on who I am trying to live for. I serve a God who knows my name, who loves me and is there to help me serve him. I serve a God who created the stars, placed them, and calls them by name. I serve a God who wants to give me victory. That camp song “Victory in Jesus” is a really cool song. By the way, why don't we ever sing that except at camp? The weird thing is that when I stopped thinking about all the things I should and shouldn't do, I started to get some victory. Other phrases came to mind like “Be still and know that I am God.” I sing the words I will glory in my redeemer, but I wasn't doing it. It is a whole lot nicer to focus on a God who never makes mistakes, than to focus on myself! That's what I've been learning.

Greg

2 comments:

Rachel Dierking said...

I think all of us have been feeling down lately, and so we dont have quite so many prayers warriors to be praying for us! but, im glad you getting the victory, I to felt like that, and i also realized those same things! Those verses are the ones that I shared in sunday school a few weeks ago, I love them, when im feeling down those are some of my favorite verses to go to!

Sigma said...

Don't tell God how big your problems are, tell your problems how big your God is!