February 6, 2008

Great is THY faithfulness, O God my Father!

Since I finished my study through Micah last week and was waiting for the 1 Peter books to arrive, I picked up my “What do I know about my God?” study where I had left it after Thanksgiving. Its been taking me a while to get through each chapter, because most of the verses will go under several different categories so by the time I finish a chapter, I have written it out about three different times altogether. Anyways, all that is to say that I am only in chapter 34! And I had been working on this study since camp!!!! I still have 116 more chapters to go! ;) But it’s been really neat to find out more about my God. I have almost filled two notebooks full and if I have managed to get that much off of only 34 chapters, its exciting to think of how much more I have to learn!

Ok, now for the actual point that I want to share. In Psalms 34:1-3 it says “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.” Basically David is saying “All I ever want to do is praise God!” I found this really interesting. For me, I know it can be so easy, when talking with others, to talk about the things I am struggling with and how I am failing in this area or that area, or to start discussing how humans are so completely stupid! ;) And not that talking about those things is bad. In fact, sometimes those conversations really help me realize what I need to change! But so many times, I get caught up with beating myself over the head, because of how much I am failing, that I forget to mention how faithful God is! David said “O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together” David was excited to share with others the greatness of his God. He even goes on to list a bunch of ways that God has proved Himself over and over to us. Since this is something I too have been learning, I want to share with you the list, which I gathered and wrote, of things that David mentions in Chapter 34 about God’s faithfulness.

God is Faithful Because…

1. He hears me
2. He delivers me from all my fears
3. He makes me be not ashamed
4. He saves me from out of all my troubles
5. The angel of the Lord encamps (places or establishes) about me
6. He completely satisfies…”There is no want to them that fear Him”
7. He is watching over the righteous
8. His ears are open unto my cry
9. He is near those who have a contrite heart
10. He protects me from the enemy
11. He redeems his servants
12. those who trust in Him will not be desolate (joyless, discontent, lonely)


We serve an awesome God!
Chrystal

No comments: