February 15, 2008

"Either we fall on the Rock, or the Rock falls on us!"

Its getting late, so this won't be long, but the kids I am watching are finally settled in for the night and I have a few moments to take a breather. ;) Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me this week. Its been neat to see the way He has answered your prayers. He has blessed the small amount of time I have been able to get in with Him before the kids wake up in the morning. (Because once they are up, theres never a quiet moment! ;) I also have had some really neat conversations with the kids about different things and have also learned a lot myself about having a more childlike faith. God is good and teaches us things through every situation He allows us to go through.

Anyways, I wanted to share with you, real quick, something that stuck out to me yesterday. Rand mentioned in the 1 Peter book, the verses from Luke 20:17-18 that say "And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder." My mom had written that latter verse out and put it on our refridgerator a couple weeks ago and at the time, I thought it was a cool verse. But when it was pointed out again to me yesterday, I decided to really pay attention to what it was saying. Rand pretty much sums it all up when he says "Jesus made it so clear. If we by faith fall on Jesus Christ and allow Him (the true cornerstone) to break our proud, selfish hearts by humbly depending on Him and Him alone, He will become precious to us. If on the other hand, we choose to be diobedient to the Word, that same stone will judge us and in a sense grind us to powder. We either choose God's judgement or His forgiveness." God is a jealous God and does not allow us to put other things before Him while still trying to recieve His blessings. Either we allow ourselves to be broken, or we get crushed.

Chrystal

1 comment:

Rebecca Motley said...

I just did that segment this morning. I love how there are so many different examples in the Bible to help us understand who Christ is. I love to think of what it means for Christ to be our conerstone! And I am so glad that He is breaking me! I'd much rather be broken than crushed, that's for sure!