December 7, 2007

servants to sin... or God?

today I was reading the last part of chapter 6... and verses 20-22 say:
20For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I thought it was interesting how it says We are NOW ashamed of those things we did when we were slaves to sin. But, now that we are servants to Christ we are seeing the fruits of holiness! people who are servants to sin aren't even ashamed of it and their end is death! So why is it "worth" it to be servants to sin? ( exactly my point ... its not!) Anyways... I thought that was interesting... Romans is a really good practical book. It is really down to the point. I have been learning so much from it!
Continue thou in the things thou has't learned!

No comments: