November 18, 2007

True fulfillment

Today's sermons reminded me of how blessed we are to serve such an amazing, loving and unique God! There are no other gods or religions that can begin to compare to the complete fulfillment that Christ alone gives us when we are totally submitted to Him. Pastor Walters was challenging us today to turn to God when things go wrong, instead of the innumerable other things that we turn to. We as christians have access to GOD! Why would we want to go anywhere else for fulfillment?! Unlike every other thing that we could turn to, Christ alone can give us true and complete, lasting joy! How many other religions do you know of that promise true joy when you serve their god? Servitude and joy aren't usually paired up with each other, are they? Yet God promises us joy when we serve Him with our whole heart! And it is true! When I serve the Lord with a humble and earnest heart I feel a fulfillment that nothing else can provide. When I think about how good our God is to us, my heart is too full to be able to describe it!


'Shout with delight to the Lord all you people.
Worship the Lord with full gladness of heart.
Come bow before Him, with songs of all praises,
Joyful with all of your heart.

Know that the Lord, He is God.
For He made us, we are His flock,
The sheep of His pasture, and He is our Rock.
Know that the Lord, He is God!

Enter His gates with a song of thanksgiving,
Enter His courts with your tongue tuned to praise.
Our God is good, and His love lasts forever;
Faithfulness marks all His ways.

Know that the Lord, He is God!'


I will be trying to pray for you all this week!
Becca

2 comments:

John Dierking said...

good stuff becca...Sometimes we forget who God really is. A God of Mercy, Power, Love, Protection, Comfort, Joy, Peace, and so much more! He is all-satisfying!
Chrystal

Sigma said...

Jesus Christ is made to me, all I need, All I need!!! He alone is all my plea, He is all I need! Jesus is my all in all, while He keeps, I cannot fall. He is all I need! He's the treasure of my soul, He hath cleansed and made me whole, He is all I need! Glory, glory to the Lamb, By His Spirit sealed I am, He is all I need! Wisdom Righteousness and power, Holiness forevermore, My redemption full and sure, He is all I need!