November 1, 2007

God moves in mysterious ways!!

A very awesome thing just happened and I had to tell. I have been praying for Kyle and Keaton's older brother Kevin for a long time. I brought him with me to VBS one year and he received Christ as Savior, but a couple weeks later he wouldn't even talk to me. I have tried to talk to him, but his heart was just hardened against me for some reason. So I just gave up for a while. So just last night, I told God that I wanted to talk to Kevin. I asked God to work in Kevin's heart, so that he wouldn't be hard against me. So like a couple hours ago I was walking up our road, and who do know Kevin is walking up the road, so I walk a little faster. He turns around and sees me. So as I'm walking up he says hi to me. So I reply, and then he said something that I thought I would never hear him say. He asked my forgiveness for the past. Of course I forgave him, and I told him it's all in the past. I was totally shocked. I'm still shocked!! I told him that I'm praying for him, and he said he knew I would say that, because I would say to him when I would see him, and he would get mad at me. But this time he actually thanked me for it. God does move in mysterious ways. God had Kevin there for a purpose. I would like to ask you to pray for Kevin. He said he wants to do get together again soon. I hope I will be able to be an influence to him in the weeks to come. This has been a tremendous eye opener for me. God always answers our prayers, in His time, and His will. What a great God we serve!! Praise be to God!! I'm praying for you all. Don't stop praying for one another. Thank you for your prayers. I hope you all are growing more and more, and experiencing God's magnificence this week. Keep striving for excellence.

Because of Christ,
Chris

2 comments:

John Dierking said...

oh yeah! I remember Kevin. He used to come to 5 day clubs with you when we were little and we all would play tag afterwards. =) I will definently be praying for Kevin. It was so neat to hear how God used that opportunity with Kevin to make Himself even more visible to you. I wholeheartedly agree!.. God DOES move in mysteriuos ways and He is such an awesome God! And yes, I have been and will be praying for you too. Thanks so much for your own prayers. They are much appreciated! ;)
Chrystal

John Dierking said...

You know what's really cool? I felt really led to pray for their family the other day! and have been praying for Keven, Keaton, and Kyle often! and I will def keep on praying for them. God does work in amazing ways! keep keeping on!
Rachel