October 9, 2007

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

I really feel the need to post...not because I am really going to be revealing something new to you or be expounding on some great thing I discovered. But more because the Lord has been working in my life and I want to share how He has been showing Himself to me. This past week was a tough one for me spiritually. I didn't exactly enjoy it but now as I look back on it I realize God taught me a lot and it was something that He used to show me areas I needed to change. I can testify that the speaker at that rally thing we all went to recently, definitly knew what he was talking about. He said that the devil is going to try and do everything in his power to wreck Christians from being a clear mirror so others can see Christ in us. I was really failing to keep my own 'mirror' completely shiny and clear through my attitudes and actions in the last few days and it was getting discouraging. The Lord really used this past Sunday though, through the messages, S.S. lesson, songs and talking with others, to show me He was still near, waiting for me to hurry up and come back to my senses and get back on track. God is so faithful! He knows when I need to hear a certain message, get a phone call from a friend who can help or get an encouraging e-mail. I know I post songs just about every time I post..!!...but I really like listening to songs because Christian authors have such a way of expressing exactly what I am trying to say! I tried to post the actual song that Matt Herbster and the Wilds choir sang while we were at camp so you could listen to it because it really says what I have been feeling/learning in the past week. But for some reason the blog is having touble uploading it, so I will go ahead and write out the words below...I hope you allow it to encourage you the way it encouraged me. Praying daily, at random times, for you all!

In Awe of Him, Chrystal


Before the mirror of your Word, I stand, O Lord in shame
For there I see my sinful self, my proud and foolish way
Yet in the presence of my God, my state I shall not fear
For robed in Your Own Righteousness, like You I shall appear

By You, O Lord, my thoughts are known, By You my heart is seen
Yet by Your love and sacrifice my soul has been made clean
So now in gratitude I bow, before my Fathers face,
Adorned in robes of righteousnes and garments of Your grace

(Chorus-)May I reflect the gloriuos light of Your redeeming grace
And radiate the righteousness, of Your most holy face
Until I reach my heavenly Home, and gladly take may place
May I reflect the glorious light of your redeeming grace...Of your redeeming grace! AMEN!!!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Thank you for your post. I was looking for the words to this song. I hear it several times a week. Thank you again.