October 8, 2007

A man after God's own heart!

I read in my Psalms 16 devos this AM... (I am doing the Col. study in the evenings right now!) It is very powerful...

1Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. Keep me safe God: I trust you!

2O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; You are MY (personal) God. I cannot come close to your holiness... My righteousness is as filthy rags!

3But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. God delights in excellence!!! Wow! (notice it says, "All my delights!")

4Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips. God promises if you place ANYTHING higher than God you WILL have sorrow! He wont even speak your name!!!

5The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. You are my wellfare and food... You protect and sustain me!

6The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
You have blessed me bountifully!!! Yes, I have a great inheiritance!

7I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. Praise God!!! Who has given me his Word... They instruct me in the dark times in my life...!

8I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. I have set God before me... He is my goal... What I am striving for!!! And because I have done that he is at my right hand... I WILL not be moved!!! (AMEN!)

9Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. Do you ever find that after you have just had a spiritual victory that you are going to bust because you are so happy? I think this is the kind of happiness David is referring to.

10For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Because the Spirit is in me... I cannot go to hell... because he will not let the Spirit go to hell.

11Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. No need for any comment on this one!!! WOW!!! and a hearty AMEN!!!

Striving for excellence and His delight,

JOHN P. DIERKING

No comments: