October 17, 2007

Comment to Tara!

Tara,
HMMM... How did you manage to get on? oh well... 'tis good to hear from that distant land! thanks for the requests...
I am glad to hear you are doing so well... continue to pray for us!!! We NEED it!

Pray that we will continue to gaze on Christ... and not look for the righteousness in ourselves...

Pray that the Lord will continue to soften our hearts so that we will not grieve the Spirit!

We had communion a couple of weeks ago and Greg and I were both talking about how communion keeps you on your toes spiritually because you have to have a clean heart to take communion... I think sometimes we don't realize how evil we are until we compare ourselves to Christ... it reminded both of us of the song... "prone to wander Lord I feel it..." When we first came back from camp I didn't really feel that... but now I can see that is so true... my natural tendency is to stray from God... I love ME more than God... That is a scary thought! Oh to be saved from myself dear Lord... Oh to be lost in thee! What a great God we serve! Sometimes we feel that God has given up... but I think of a parent who watches his child fall down... his desire is to help him get back up... WOW!!! what mercy!!! such knowledge is too wonderful for me... it is high... I cannot obtain unto it... What is man that thou thinkest of him?

*starts humming* "God is so good..."

Striving for Excellence,
John Dierking

PS... I was going to leave this as a comment but it was WAY to long!!!

No comments: