August 29, 2007

Thought provoking

I was reading in Genesis this morning the story of Noah. And two things really jumped out at me.
1. In chap 6 it was talking about how God was observing all the wickedness on earth and how it displeased Him. But then in verse 8 it says "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord."
Think about this for a minute, God had looked over the entire earth and the ONLY Godly man He found on it was Noah! Can you imagine what kind of guy Noah was? I mean we sometimes complain about the amount of peer pressure we have living in the world today... but can you imagine the amount of peer pressure Noah went thru? His family was the ONLY Godly family on earth! The amount of faith he had to of had is amazing when you really think about it!

And 2. is that in 7:16 at the end of the verse it says "... and the LORD shut him in." In regular English it basically means that God shut the door. Imagine what it was like to actually be there for that, there is this huge boat sitting in basically the middle of the desert, in the last couple of days 2 of every kind of animal has boarded this boat for no appearant reason, and suddenly the door shuts all by itself! What a awesome display of His power!!
Well I am praying for you all and hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!
Kristin Hanson

2 comments:

John Dierking said...

Kristin,
Hey, I missed talking to you while we were on vacation but I heard ya'll had a fun time on Sat. Keep working on tennis! =) Thanks for your post. I liked your first thought about Noah and the peer pressure he had! That was a really cool way of thinking of it and it made my struggles seem really puny...lol...thats kind of what we have been hearing about Daniel too recently and how the only thing people found wrong with him was his God. Wow! When it is put that way it makes me realize how far I have to go before I will even come close to that! What a testimony!
Chrystal

p.s. do you have e-mail? I send out e-mails sometimes to the youth group about different stuff I learned or something I need prayer for immediately and realized I need yours!!!!!!!!! =)

Sigma said...

yes i have email.. its kristin@hansonsmail.com.
we are actually leaving today for VA but i'll check it tonight!
yeah i love the story of Daniel too! How he stayed true to God as a teenager in such circumstances is amazing!
Kristin Hanson