August 15, 2007

Very Random, Juicy Stuff!

Reminder guys: Jesus was tempted, but NEVER sinned!! Also, " There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 cor. 10:13) Random quote from a few people ;) "Camp is like a spiritual spa, but when you get home it's workout time!" Another thought/challenge: Right now it is the "cool" thing to talk about God and be in his Word, but if it was just you surrounded by backsliders, what would you do? Would you remain faithful to God and stand up for what's right? I've been thinking about that the last couple of days--it's really challenging to me. I've been getting a whole lot out of my time with God in Proverbs. I'm using a dictionary and asking my parents to explain stuff to me, but I'm actually getting it! That was the problem before with me staying consistently in God's work...understanding it!! Now I'm determined to rip open each verse and figure it out with whatever it takes! But I know there will be times when I won't be as enthusiastic about having my devotions and prayer time...SO, Pray that I will not just read my Bible everyday, but that I would but apply it and actually totally understand what it is saying in the passage. I've always struggled with comprehensive reading!! Sorry this was such a long post, but I had alot to say!
loving this new desire to pursue higher things,
biz

1 comment:

Sigma said...

FROM JOHN
Haha I love your title