August 21, 2007

Prov. 20: 25

This is a very strangely worded verse. I got a Ryrie study Bible, and the notes are sooo incredibly helpful! It told me what the verse means in a sentence: "It is perilious to dedicate something to the Lord (or make decisions) and then reconsider the vow." I'd make a commitment to God--say about having my devotions regularly--and forget about it or break it! I think God would say that we shouldn't even make decisions that we know we won't even keep. It's like breaking a promise to God! I've done that in the past. But with God's help (I need alot alot alot of it!) I'm going to strive to keep those vows that I made to Him at camp.
Hoping this helped you as it did me,
biz

1 comment:

John Dierking said...

thanks for explaining that verse more fully...sometimes I can get very confused by some of the wording in the Bible. But it has been neat to dig even further and try to understand it better.
Chrystal