August 20, 2007

Integrity

So, as I was reading Proverbs this morning this one verse really jumped out at me, verse 7. "The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him." It jumped out at me because Paul had been talking about integrity the last few days and how important it is in the Marine Corps. Integrity is defined as "doing what is right even when no one's watching". I must admit that for myself, it is very easy to say, "No one is gonna see, no one will know if I slip up this one time." But as we all know, God sees everything. I know that I must start praying that the Lord will help me have some integrity in my life in the coming weeks and months. It's almost easy to do right when people are watching, but we should never do something right so that others will notice, it should all be to the glory of God. I know that most of this we have heard a dozen times, but i believe there is a difference in hearing with your ears and hearing with your heart. So, let's all listen anew to what we've heard. I'm praying for all of you, as I hope you are praying for me.

3 comments:

John Dierking said...

Ouch... although God is ALWAYS watching!!!

John Dierking said...

John

Sigma said...

Such a good point there, Tara.
biz