August 17, 2007

Press Toward the Mark

I was playing the piano this morning and just randomly flipping through the Wilds book and playing various songs. I was playing this particular song and not even paying attention to the words at first. But when I began reading them I realized how well they applied to me. Whoever suggested we read/share songs with each other, thanks! I have really enjoyed reading through some of the songs ya"ll (yes, I know, being at the Wilds last week made me start picking up some of that southern dialect =) have written out and read them as if for the first time. Anyways, Here is the song I read this morning....I especially like the second verse...


He who began this great work in you
Will nurture and lead as He said He would do.

You have humbled yourself, to His word have been true;
You've been willing to change_ now what will you do?

Chorus:
Press t'ward the mark; strain t'ward the goal;
Press on-ward and forward, both body and soul
for the heavenly prize, for the look in His eyes,
and for the crown that will not fade away
Forget things behind; reach farther ahead.
Oh follow the Saviours example instead
Count all gain as but loss, and all loss as but gain
to know Him, our glory, our all.

Be not ashamed; with boldness pursue
the approval of Christ in all that you do

Proclaim His great Word; be consumed by His love;
Pursue Him alone until with Him above


In awe of Him,
Chrystal

6 comments:

John Dierking said...

good one sis!!!

Sigma said...

You were playing the piano?....great! were you practicing so that I can put you on the schedule? :)

Tara Walters

John Dierking said...

umm...I said I was playing, but I didn't say how good it was!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Tiff said...

I second Chrystal's name on the piano schedule!=)

John Dierking said...

Why is everyone against me!!!!!??!?!??!!??!!? =)

John Dierking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.