January 18, 2011

Waiting... isn't easy.

Wow! Greg and Jordan! Thanks for your posts... i havn't gotten on here in forever, but did today, and was so excited to see your two posts!!! ( I know they were from a long time ago as well, but hey better late than never!
I guess i can share what i've been learning as well!

I have been doing so much research lately for my future. I feel like I don't have any idea how I am going to ever get to college, and I don't know where exactly God is leading me, but I know I have to be willing to do whatever He wants, and I also know that I can't just sit here and expect Him to do all the work. So, basically I've been doing a lot of research and a lot of praying. But during this time I have also bee doing a lot of searching in the Bible for verses that will help me trust Him with everything I've got. I feel like God is trying to teach me something about waiting... so why not try and learn it? ;) So, here are some of the verses I have found.
Psalms 33:

13The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. (WOW!!! The God in heaven beholds us!!!!!)

14From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.

15He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works. ( He not only notices us, but he pays attention to what goes on in our lives)!!!

16There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. (We can't look to ppl to help us... it is God alone who has the BEST solution!)

17An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.

18Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

19To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

20Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.( here it is.... God is a help for those who wait on HIm!)

21For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

22Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

In closing, here is one other verse.

2 Thessalonians 3:5
And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Waiting isn't easy, but for those of you in the same boat as me, remember what we are waiting for! We are waiting for direction from: THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE! If your heart is in tune with God, He will lead you, whether or not is was where you expected or wanted to go.

Rachel D

No comments: