June 3, 2009

Where Are You Getting Your Water From?

Jeremiah 2:13- "For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water."

Ouch. Its almost like Jeremiah is looking at the people and asking "Are you stupid?! Everything you ever really wanted or needed is found in God. He's supplied it for you and its right in front of your face! Yet, you are determined to look in every other place imagineable. You are searching for happiness and fulfillment in places that hold no satisfaction. You're wasting your time digging wells that will never yield anything with which you can quench your thirst. Return to God and know that He will give you the life you are seeking."

Shortly after thinking about all that I was listening to a cd and came across this song. I connected it to the verse in Jeremiah and God really used it to convict me at a time when I needed it most. I hope it does the same for you.

Chrystal

No comments: