December 15, 2008

A Missing Key

I want to quickly share something that happened in our household this morning. God has the most amazing way of showing Himself real to us.

Jesse and John needed to go someplace this morning that was two hours away. They were going to pick something up and then travel the two hours back home, in time for John to get to work this afternoon. Anyways, it was almost 8:00 and they were getting ready to head out the door when Jesse realized he didn't have his key. Yes...a singular key that wasn't on a keychain...ahem...Anyways, this caused all of us to be drafted into the search for the key. Jesse said he had had it in his pocket earlier in the morning but apparently it must have fallen out. (Which means it could have been anywhere!) We all were going up and down the stairs, passing each other as we went through the rooms, and looking in the same spots that some one else had just looked in, hoping they had somehow missed it! =) It was getting rather frustrating. Anyways, the boys were upstairs and I was in the kitchen, when I heard my mom on the stairs saying, "Ok, lets pray that we find the key." The next thing I heard was her praying that God would direct our steps so that we'd be able to find the key in time for the boys to still be able to make the trip. She had hardly finished her prayer when I heard the boys coming through the upstairs hallway. I knew before they even came downstairs that they had found it. It was the weirdest thing. I was still standing in the same place that I had been when my mom had prayed. That was one fast answer to prayer! Sometimes I think God likes to do that for us as if to say "You didn't really think I was really listening, did you?" Oh me of little faith! We serve such a great God! The key had been in Marks room, on the floor. I find that rather odd, seeing as how I had walked through there after Rachel and we both had looked on the floor. Hmm...all I have to say is "I'm thankful for a mom who thought to pray!"

Needless to say, the boys made it out of here by 8:20 or so and should be able to make the trip in good time. Jesse also now has a bright pink ribbon attatched to his key, with the threat that he is either getting a key chain or keeping the ribbon. =)

Chrystal

No comments: