November 26, 2008

The testimony of Daniel

I know it has been a long time since I last posted, and I’m sorry. But I don’t know about everyone else, but I have had a really hard time with keeping consistent devotions and a steady walk with the lord. It hasn’t been that just one thing got in the way of it but more like a lot of different things combined really mess up my mornings. But needless to say when I have had my devotions I have been reading through the book of Daniel, and I have really been encouraged by his testimony. How when he was my age he was led into captivity and put under much more severe circumstances than I am in, how he kept his testimony and out shone all other young men. How he had the faith to not obey what the king commanded, the peace that he had in the lions den, and many other seemingly small areas that made him stand out like a bright light. I have been in a sort of awe of him as I am reading about him. So like I said I have had a pretty good fight with the devil and he is starting to beat me down farther than before, so if you could pray for me it would be most appreciated.
Love in christ,
Erik

1 comment:

Sigma said...

I'll be prayin' for ya man!!! i have the exact same problem with my devotional life too.it's hard to get up in the morning and have to remember to do my dev. thanks for the post man, it was a big boost for me!!!
In Christ,
Zach (a.k.a. bigfoot lol :)