October 17, 2008

Lessons, Thoughts and a Verse...

The beginning of this week was was really rough for me. Satan knew which buttons to push and he was getting the victory in far too many areas. What was most frustrating about it was that I'd go to have my devotions and would immediately ask God's forgiveness, then I'd study His Word, and finally go into my ending prayer time...and I'd find myself asking forgiveness for the same exact things I just asked His forgiveness for at the beginning! It was like I didn't believe God was really forgiving me and I was overwhelmed by my guilt. I cried rather pitifully for satan to stop his attacks on me and was trying to gain the victory over him, but he wasn't listening. But then...Why should he? I hold no authority over him! But...I know Someone who does! When I finally realized I couldn't defeat the enemy on my own, got on my knees and really sought God's help, the victory was immediately won!

"When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within, I look above and see HIM there, who made an end of all my sin!"

Becca and I talked last night for a VERY long time and it was so good to bemoan our stupidity, get our focus back where it needs to be, share verses, and talk about God's goodness. One thing that we sort of were marevelling at though was how God covers every area of our life. He is our Sheperd, our King, our Saviour, our Friend, our Bridegroom, our Father, etc. Each of these names hold a different kind of love for their particular subject of attention and God has every single one them covered! What a great God we serve!

Don't give up!

Chrystal D.
Prov. 25:4

No comments: