August 7, 2008

The best week

i'm pretty much gonna say the same thing i said in my testimony sunday night again except in more detail...

The Lord works in mysterious ways, when i saw who was in my cabin monday i knew that that week at the wilds was either gonna be the best week or the worst week i had ever had there. (honestly i thought it would be the worst) But God had other plans, my counselor told us that if we memorized 3 passages that we could sleep-in tuesday and wednesday morning. so naturally i went and started memorizing, but my counselor told us to not pick the shortest passages, but to pick the ones that we needed to work on in our life. so i picked compassion and discretion, (cause i have a hard time loving the "unlovely" and being kind to them) and the first passage i looked up was compassion: "investing whatever necessary to heal the hurts of others" and one of the verses was jude 22: "and of some having compassion, making a difference" and that really hit me hard cause my cabin was complaining about a lot of different things and all i would do is say something that was either unnecessary or mean to try to get them to be quiet. and that was wrong, i told my counselor that i wanted to "talk" to my cabin wednesday night about spiritual matters. and wednesday night rolled around and i had no idea what i was gonna say i was a nervous wreck and time was running out. then i heard the message by evangelist Steve Pettit and i was convicted about things in my own life, so i went out to get things right with the Lord and my cabin went out as well! so my counselor paired me up with my cabin and we completely leveled with each other, and i didn't even have to start the conversation! The Lord provided in such a way that i first off couldn't take the "glory" of talking to my cabin and make my head any bigger and i think that i got more right with the Lord then my cabin did! (not that my cabin didn't learn anything, but i went to camp thinking i was "ok" and the Lord pointed out many different areas that i was wrong in)

so as of now, i can honestly say that i had the best week at the wilds i have ever had...

Erik

2 comments:

Rachel Dierking said...

ok, Weird because i picked those same passages to memorize because I knew i needed to work on them!
And I went to camp thinking that I was gonna reach out to others and help others see where they need to change, and i wasn't even worried about where i needed to change! I thought i was "ok" too... But, God got through to me that I'm not that important and that I have a lot.. if not more issues than any one else. ;)

mike said...

Funny how some of the best weeks come out of weeks that look like they're going to be the worst, eh? I know exactly what you mean about loving others who don't exactly make you love them. I thought I learned all I needed to about that in Canada this summer but apparently not because I'm working with a guy right now who is really working on my patience. Anyway, it was neat to hear that God gave you the victory in that fight. Have a great time in Canada