June 15, 2008

Showing Your Love

ok....this is going to be short and sweet because I have places to go, things to do and people to meet! ;) However, I wanted to thank you all for your prayers. God has been good and though I often feel frustrated at how slow I am, in advancing in my walk with Him, He has never given up on me. Camp has been going well....its been busy, tiring and sunburning, ;) but overall I have learned a lot and am excited to see what God is going to do during these next couple weeks of junior counselling. One of the quick thoughts I wanted to share with you though is something Pastor Linville said in one of his messages. This really has been staying at the front of my mind recently and though its simple, its point is powerful and convicting. Ok, here it is..."Every temptation is an opportunity for you say 'Lord, I love you more than this sin!" Whenever we give in to our flesh we are basically telling God that we do not value his opinion of us, we do not care that we are breaking our relationship with Him and we do not find Him satisfying. Ouch! Talk about stabbing somebody in the heart!

Chrystal

No comments: