May 1, 2008

Watching God's Hand

Alright I just wanna say, that for all the horrible and frustrating days I have had since beginning the visa process, this one made up for all of them! Today was a amazing day of watching God's hand working evidently through everything.
and oh yeah... MY VISA GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom and I got to D.C. at about lunch time, and if you have ever been around Embassy row you'll know that there is generally NO food ANYWHERE!!! Seriously, I dont know what they have against the concept of food but whatever! lol Well we were hungry and had some time to kill so we decided to try to find some food. Didn't expect to find any, but figured we had might as well try. Like two streets over we found a cute little cafe with PARKING! (thats another thing D.C. has a issue with... you can generally NEVER find parking) So my mom and I had a wonderful little lunch, then headed back to the Embassy.
When we got back it was raining and there was no parking anywhere (like i said they have something against the idea of parking). So we drove up the street once, then we stopped and prayed that God would provide a parking space. Just as we said amen a parking space opened up! And it was a large space!!! (almost all parking that is there is parallel parking)
We got there a hour early, because people will line up way in advance in order to make sure they get their visa. We were the first ones there, but right as we reached the spot where we were going to wait, a man gets out of his car walks up to us and says "I was here first. I am waiting in my car (which was parked RIGHT in front of the Embassy),it is stupid for both of us to stand out here and get wet, go back to your car and I will hold your place in line" Well my mom and I were a little dumbfounded, but since he was obviously there first and was honestly a lil scary looking we said thank you and walked back to our car.
We waited in the car for about 40 minutes then saw that there was a line outside of the Embassy about 25 people deep. As we were walking up i commented to my mom that i hoped the guy would keep his word and hold our place.
Just as i said that the guy (who sure enough was in the front of the line) saw me, waved and said "come". So we walked in front everyone there, right behind him. Apparently, he had told everyone that had come up after us that we were behind him and coming. By this time my mom and I were in awe!!!!
We got in the Embassy, went to the window, and they told me i had the wrong form. The form I had was for the NYC office and I needed a D.C. form (even though there was NO difference between the two.. but oh well!) I thought to myself "oh great now i am going to have to wait till the end of the line b/c of this!" as i am thinking this to myself the man doing the forms takes my ticket stamps it and says "finish your form then come right back up". (funny how right when i think there is going to be a problem God answers it!)
As i am filling out the new form i hear other people being "helped" in reality they are being turned away for one reason or another. In some cases i didnt even hear a reason. Luckily my mother is deaf so she didnt hear this but i am thinking "oh great they arent going to accept mine!" Once again God fixes what i think to be a problem right when i think it will be. I walk up hand them my form, she looked a few things over, writes me a ticket and tells me to come back Wed to pick it up!!!!
Mom and I walk out and were shaking!!!! God had worked through each and every one of our problems and had provided for us in ways we hadnt even asked!!!!!!! We could evidently see God's hand working through out the whole day!!!

Anyways, I wanted to share with ya'll the events of the day. It was very evident that people were praying, so thank you so much!!! This was a HUGE answer to prayer for me!!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!!! After all this hassle this was a awesomely (yes i know thats not a word but now it is) encouraging day!!!!
Love in Christ,
Kristin

2 comments:

Sigma said...

God is so Good! After you called me yesterday and told me everything that had happened and the way that God had worked everything out, I seriously had a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I LOVE hearing stories of how God worked a miracle in somebody elses life. It was also great to see a direct answer to our prayers! Daniel 10:12- 12 "Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words." I'm going to try and keep you in my prayers too as you get ready for Brazil. (And you should be praying for me as I work at Servants Heart Camp! ;) Its exciting to know, that since God has opened all the doors and provided for every need in order for you to make it to Brazil this summer, He has something great in store for you to learn while youre there! Thanks for sharing your story with me and allowing me to see a tiny glimpse of the power of our God!

Chrystal

Luke .S. said...

That is great to hear, praise the Lord!