April 15, 2008

Help in the Midst of the Battle

Mark John said something interesting in S.S. on Sunday when he was talking about the battle that the Israelites fought against Amalek. He mentioned how Moses went up into the mountains to pray while Joshua went down into the actual trenches and fought. One of these things seems more important than the other and yet both of these things were needed in order to win the battle. If Moses hadn't gone into the mountains and Joshua hadn't gone into the fight, the battle would not have been won. It sort of dawned on me that the same thing can be true today. Each of us are fighting battles every day...whether it is with pride, selfishness, anger, gossip, etc. We need to be fighting the battles and we also should be praying for each other about them! Without fighting, the battles won't be won... and without prayers, the battles are going to be a whole lot harder to win!

And speaking of prayer...could you all please be praying for me on wed. morning? I have a very big unspoken request that needs a lot of prayer and I would appreciate any help I can get...Thanks!

Chrystal

Habakkuk 2:1a- 1 "I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what He will say unto me..."

No comments: