February 11, 2008

Last minute prayer request

I know I missed the prayer letter, but I have two people I'd like you to pray for (three if you count me.) Please pray for Mark Mucco and a girl name Jessica. Both of them are in my philosophy class. I sit beside Mark, and during classes I noticed he asked genuine questions, not just the philosophical ones like the rest of the class. For some reason, he really wants to know some answers, especially about the subject of God. I talked to him on Thursday after class and he admitted that he doesn't have any of the answers. I asked him if he'd ever read the Bible. He said he never did, so I suggested he look in the Bible if he really wants answers because that's where I found mine. He had to leave shortly class so most of this happened on the fly, but he seemed interested. Pray that if he really is serious, he would be able to find the answers he is looking for in the Bible and let me help him if he needs it.
Shortly after he left, Jessica and another older lady who is a strong Christian came up and started talking. To make a long conversation short, Jessica said she was born into a conservative Presbyterian background but turned atheist when she decided that faith is just a crutch. However, by the end of the conversation, she too admitted that she too has doubts and questions, even though she doesn't believe there are any answers. Pray that she would continue to have doubts, that God would not give her peace until she deals with the questions. I know God has the ability to make someone miserable until they break and get the message, I'm just praying that he continues to do it to her, because I think she already is.
Anyway, I have classes tomorrow, so I'll probably see them both. Pray that God gives me the wisdom – and the courage – to see the opportunities and follow Him wherever he leads, because sometimes it's the last thing feel like doing. However, I can't in good conscience keep silent when God has given me so many of the answers I have needed. Its kinda sad. They are so miserable and no one has ever told them that there are answers to their questions. I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I am so thankful God allowed me to be raised in a place where I was shown the answers . . . how know God and be at peace with Him. That is something I can't put a price on, and I know I don't deserve it any more than they do.

Mike

1 comment:

Rachel Dierking said...

I will Def. pray for all three of you! Sounds like you have a great oppertunity to show forth God's grace! be the light they need! and I'll pray that God will soften their hearts! thanks for asking for our prayers!