January 2, 2008

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee, How Great Thou Art!!!

These are some verses from Romans 11:33-36. I memorized them last week because they help me to remember my lowliness and God's magnificence! For some strange reason I find it very easy to think I am more important than I really am and these verses help to show me otherwise! Verse 33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" Gods wisdom and knowledge are so vast and so great that, no matter how hard I try, I will never be able to understand the depth of it! "Verse 34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?" I don't know about you, but the last time I checked, nobody has ever had to give God counsel on anything! He knows the answer to every problem and doesn't need our help with anything. "Verse 35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?" Nobody has ever given anything to God that He didn't already have! Nobody can even begin to try and recompense (pay back) what we owe Him! Ok, so Paul writes that God has unlimited wisdom, knows all, owns everything and gives to us freely. Therefore he comes to this rather obvious conclusion! Verse 36 "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. AMEN!!!!"

What a great God we serve!

In Awe of Him,
Chrystal

2 comments:

Rebecca Motley said...

Those verses are amazing. I don't think I could ever hear them too much! It makes me feel just a little bit safer, to read those verses and know that they are talking about MY God. The very same God who knows, loves, and cares for me! My God is everything. Nothing is too big, too powerful, or too smart for Him! My God is the I AM.


AMEN!

mike said...

Good verses. It's nice to know I serve a God who deserves everything I could possibly give Him. Can't you imagine how depressing life would be without Him. Thanks.

Mike.