August 15, 2007

Praise the Lord

Wow! This blog is incredible! Thank you guys for sharing. What a blessing and encouragment it is, and what a tremendous testimony this will be to the members of Harvest Bible Church. How exciting to think that through your growth others may be motivated to change. God may be using you to change the spiritual temperature of someone around you!

What a wonderful idea to share hymns of encouragement. A possible idea for your time of personal worship: choose a hymn and begin looking up scriptures that correspond with the truths of that hymn...you could do one a week, or even a month. The next time you sing that hymn in church, you'll be finding yourself immersed in true worship because of your time of meditation.

Before the Throne of God Above
text: Charitie Lees Bancroft


Before the throne of God above, I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great High Priest whose Name is Love, Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands, My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands no tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there Who made an end to all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb, my perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM, The King of glory and of grace.
One with Himself I cannot die. My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high, With Christ my Savior and my God!


Sure do wish we could join you guys at the rally tonight. I hope it is just a continuance of the renewal you have been experiencing. Be sure to let us know what you learned.
Love,
Tara Walters

1 comment:

John Dierking said...

I love how we all are posting songs. I never realized how much songs can draw one closer to God.
Chrystal